Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24 - 24 January 2012

Hello!

Today was the first day of the 2012 school year for my eldest daughter. She's in Grade 4. It has rained non-stop all day long, since last night. Torrential rain. Our pool is overflowing. There are roads flooded all over Brisbane, and all over South East Queensland. I wish I could record the sound of the rain I can hear outside so that you could hear it, too. It is so loud that I can't hear myself type. When it rains like this, I remember the floods from last year. We're nowhere near the same conditions now, but it makes me anxious all the same.

School drop off is today's photo. I waited in the car with the little girl while Daddy carried the tonnes of books in with the big girl. While I waited, I took a photo.
Wet, wet, wet!

There is more of the same forecast for the next few days.

See you tomorrow!

:-)
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I remember hearing about the floods last year, hope it abates soon. Mother -in- law is on her way out to Oz soon to visit friends but I think it's nearer Canberra she's going to :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete