Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 64 - 4 March 2012 - ANZAC biscuits

Hello!

Day 64 was a baking day. Trying to get enough food made to keep my insatiable 9 year old going all day at school. She swims five days a week, and she's growing, so her appetite is massive.

Today I was a bit nice and made some sweet things. Today's photo is of the ANZAC biscuits I made.
They taste good.

I'll give you the recipe while I'm here. Those of you who are Australian or New Zealander will already know this recipe, I'm sure!

ANZAC Biscuits

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup raw sugar (I usually only use 3/4 cup)
125g butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water

Method
Mix all dry ingredients together (except bicarb soda)
Melt butter together with syrup
Pour boiling water over bicarb soda, mix, then add to butter mixture.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture and flatten slightly on baking tray.
Bake in slow oven (about 150c) until golden brown. About 20 minutes.

I made a double batch today. I'm a popular Mummy/wife tonight.

:-)
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment