Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 129 - 8 May 2012 - Smell

Hello!

The theme for 8 May is A smell you adore. When I read this I thought of frangipanis, fresh bread baking, custard kisses (yoyo biscuits), jonquils, freesias, roses, freshly mown grass, clean babies, the beach, rain... Mmmm, well I had none of these to hand. We are in autumn here in Australia so the spring flowers are about four months away. The frangipanis have just lost all their leaves, and there certainly isn't a flower in sight. Our lawn is in need of a cut, but certainly not fresh cut this week, LOL!

It took me a day to find a smell that I really like. And I do adore this smell, too - fresh, strong coffee.
Edited in Snapseed using Grunge filter. My work desk wasn't that pretty a background...

On my walk out for lunch I passed ANZAC Square, so I thought I'd share that with you while I'm here.
They sky was odd on 8 May. It was really pale. It wasn't cloudy, but the blue stayed pale most of the day.  In ANZAC Square amongst the palm trees are a number of very old bottle trees. I'll take some close-up photos of them for you one day.

:-)
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment