Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hello!

This year I'm not only taking photos daily, but I'm going to attempt to do something arty each day - draw, watercolour, etc. some days it will be quick 5 minute sketches, other days something more time consuming. If I improve, you might even get to see some works in progress as they evolve over a number of days.

January 1:
Yesterday we were walking in the city. New Years morning finds Brisbane City a ghost town. We found one cafe open. They ran out of food. Thankfully after we had ordered, lol!

I took some photos looking up into the sky. 
I also tried to take a selfie with my daughter. Apparently I've taken too many photos lately.

Late in the evening I quickly drew a few little things, just to get started.

January 2:
Today has been a slow photo day. We took the kids to the Brisbane Planetarium  to watch Cosmic Collisions. Being a hot day I didn't want to suggest a post-show walk in the Botanic Gardens. I was tempted, though! ;-)

This afternoon I drew a quick portrait of my eldest daughter. It isn't perfect, but it isn't too bad either. I watercoloured the rose yellow for the Fat Mum Slim photo challenge prompt for today.
I'm mobile blogging so I'm crossing fingers that this works.

I'll be back soon!

Michelle
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment